Stories of Guernsey county by Wm. Wolfe Page 548-549
Wyatt Hutchison.—Wyatt Hutchison was proprietor of the Hutchison tavern from 1818 to 1845. He was son-in-law of John Beatty and came with him to Cambridge in 1803. Zaccheus A. Beatty, one of the founders of Cambridge, was his brother-in-law.
Of the early settlers at Cambridge Wyatt Hutchison was one of the most prominent. He entered land north of the settlement, which afterwards became the Colonel J.D. Taylor farm, now a part of the city. When the War of 1812 opened he enlisted, becoming first lieutenant in the company organized by Captain Absalom Martin. Following the war, he served as county commissioner.
In politics Wyatt Hutchison was a Whig and he worked zealously in the interest of that party as long as it existed. He was very active in the campaign of 1840. In religion he was a Baptist. It was mainly through his efforts that the Baptist church had its beginning in Guernsey county. He became best known, through, as the keeper of the Hutchison tavern.