Sketched by Henry Howe from the hill southwest of Cambridge.
Population of 1,000.
In the foreground may be seen the old covered bridge;
on the hill, the old court house.
Cambridge in 1886
Forty years later this picture was taken from the same view point.
The population was about 4,000.
The old covered bridge still stood, but the court house was a new one.
Cambridge in 2005
Same viewpoint as above.
To the right is what is now called the viaduct;
where the old covered bridge once stood.